What’s on Your Plate
- To increase youth workers skills on community and youth education regarding the rational exploitation of food resources, and the promotion of responsible food production, marketing and consumption, and redistribution of the food surplus to families affected by poverty, calamitous or conflict-affected areas.
- Understanding the links between responsible consumption and responsible use of food resources and global issues ( poverty, climate change and trade).
- Strengthen the capacity of youth workers to promote the production and responsible food consumption among young people.
- Identifying how global challenges such as poverty, social inequalities or environmental degradation are closely linked to the global food supply chain.
- Reflection of youth workers on perspectives on sustainable and sustainable food choices;
- Developing necessary skills of youth workers in youth education on food production and preparation (planting / harvesting / cooking)
- Promoting food production systems ”Permaculture” and ”Grow it yourself”.
- To be aware of the importance of global food production system in the context of young people and the future.
- Interactive discussions on how organic food is interconnected with each of the sustainable development goals.
- Identifying creative ways to increase responsible consumption through non-formal activities in their own communities.
- Involvement of youth workers in initiating projects to become multipliers of the knowledge and skills acquired during the course and promoters of a sustainable way of life.
Castle Saunderson International Scout Centre, Belturbet, Co. Cavan, Ireland
The full costs related to food and accommodation will be covered by the grant. Travel costs will be reimbursed 100% up to the Erasmus+ allowance for each country.
A participation fee of €50 is expected and will be paid in Ireland to the local partner.
Priority in selection will be given to active members and volunteers of Be You Association involved or willing to be involved in our activities.
The selection of participants is open until 28th of February 2019. Selection Form.
Support Be You Association
Donate directly to the account of Be You Association
RO38BTRLRONCRT0325795201 - Ron
RO85BTRLEURCRT0325795201 - Euro
Choose to get involved with us by sponsoring Be You with 20% of the tax of your company - details HERE.
Via PayPal, quickly and securely: